THIS EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED, DATE TBD.
Financial Management Series: Tax Issues
Wednesday, October 23, 8:00 - 11:00 AM
Newton Marriott, Newton, MA
Registration and breakfast begin at 7:45 AM.
The charge is $60 for Members and $100 for Non-Members.
This is a new series. This program is sponsored by KPMG.
Each year, new regulations, whether they be on the local, state or federal level, are implemented that affect the tax liabilities of the technology community. As we all know, the technology sector has a unique set of circumstances regarding taxes, taxability, and tax credits. Stay up to date on the issues that may affect your company!
This program is a must for business, legal, and financial, people - anyone at a software or Internet company concerned about Tax Issues!
Some the topics that will be covered:
- Recent federal tax developments affecting technology companies: 2002 Tax legislation extends carryback period for net operating losses
- International taxation: Transfer pricing issues and other international developments
- State sales tax issues: "Load and Leave" software, shrink-wrap software, other software licenses
- Debt restructuring
- Defending R&D tax credits
- Strategies in dealing with tax controversy: How to negotiate tax settlements with the IRS and state taxing authorities
Join moderator Tom Faas, Tax Manager, KPMG, and panelists:
International tax Issues
Siva Sellathurai, Director, International Tax - Asia Pacific and Latin America, EMC Corporation
State and Local Tax Developments
Richard Hill, Senior Tax Manager, KPMG
Negotiating with the tax authorities
Richard Olivier, Formerly Tax Director, Enterasys Networks
M&A Tax issues
Robert Haran, Tax Partner, KPMG